5 Top Questions to Ask Before Buying a Condo
Posted by True Siesta Key on
Florida condos for sale can offer a luxurious lifestyle in a spectacular, tropical setting. However, before you buy a condo, you need to evaluate if condo living is right for you. Here is our list of the 5 top questions to answer before buying a condo in Florida and beyond.
(1) Will you enjoy being maintenance-free? An easy and comfortable maintenance-free lifestyle is a top reason for buying a condo in Florida. Many Florida condominiums have onsite staff to cater to your needs. However, if you're a Do-It-Yourself-er who enjoys fixing, repairing, and working on home projects, you may feel restrained by condo living.
(2) Will you enjoy the amenities? Florida condos can offer an abundance of amenities (swimming pools, tennis courts, golf courses, spas, saunas, fitness centers, salons, clubhouses, concierge, security, and more). However, if you don't value these amenities, you may not appreciate paying the condo association fees (part of which pay for amenities).
(3) Will you abide by the rules? When you buy a condo, you're joining a community with its own rules and regulations. For example, some condominiums forbid home-based businesses and some prohibit pets. Before buying a condo, make sure you read the covenants, restrictions, and bylaws of the condominium association carefully, and agree that you can abide by them.
(4) Will you have enough space? Unlike a home, you can't add onto a condo down the road. Storage, in particular, can be limited in condos. Some have storage lockers. If not, commercial rental storage facilities are available. However, if you want easy access to significant storage space, a condo may not be the right choice for you.
(5) Will you get along with your neighbors? No matter where you consider living, you'll want to take a look at your neighbors before you buy. In a condo, this may be even more important because you won't have acres of land, big bushes, or fences as barriers. Make sure you get a sense of who is living in the condominium before you decide to buy. Are your prospective neighbors mostly seasonal vacationers, single professionals, retirees? Will their lifestyle fit well alongside yours?
If you're considering buying a condo in Siesta Key or Sarasota, Florida, contact us today to preview the best condos for sale in Florida's Southwest.