8 Tips: Ease Stress when Buying Real Estate
Posted by True Siesta Key on
Buying a home can be both exciting and stressful. Here are some tips to help relieve your home buying anxiety from the Exclusive Buyer Agents at True Real Estate - Siesta Key, Sarasota, Florida.
(1) "Show Me the Money" - Obtain approval for a mortgage as soon as possible. This will ease your mind on how much home you can afford and allow you to focus on the properties in your price range, rather than falling in love with a house you ultimately can't buy.
(2) Don't Ask Great-Uncle Joe. Everyone and their uncle will have an opinion on the home you want to buy, but unless they are going to live there with you, be careful of soliciting too much conflicting feedback. Make your own list of pros and cons on a house, and heed the voices of those closest to you.
(3) Location, Location... Before you start looking at home, know which neighborhood(s) fit your needs and lifestyle. You want to avoid falling in love with a home in a neighborhood where the noise-level, environment, etc. simply aren't workable for you.
(4) Don't Look for Perfection. Because you won't find it. Every house has flaws and foibles, just like humans do. If you seek perfection, you may miss the opportunity right in front of you. Make a list of must-haves, and focus on what is most important to you in your new home.
(5) Budget Realistically. When you consider the cost of a home, don't just count the monthly mortgage payments. You must also take into consider the costs of normal maintenance, repairs, and more. Even in a new home, there will be some inevitable upkeep costs. Budget realistically before buying so you're not surprised after the fact.
(6) Buyer's Remorse isn't Terminal. Expect it and accept it, but know that Buyer's Remorse passes, just like the common cold. Buying a home, particularly a first home, is a huge commitment, and even after the fact, you may have a moment of "cold feet." Try to focus on the long-term benefits of your home, not the short-term flaws that every home has.
(7) Love Before Profit. Unless you are buying a property solely as an investment, make sure that you truly love it. If you are going to live there, your happiness should be more important than property value and real estate appreciation. Sometimes a "good deal" is the high quality of life that comes with a home.
(8) Get an Exclusive Buyers Agent (EBA). Too often, buyers enlist the help of agents who represent the seller; who aren't necessarily working for the buyer's best interests. An EBA is a real estate agent who protects the buyers interests 100%. We're experts on the home buying process, from initial search to closing, negotiating the best deal and terms on behalf of buyers only. We're also experts at giving tours (real or virtual) to help you discover the neighborhoods and properties that are perfect for you An EBA can do a lot of preliminary legwork for you, and guide you step-by-step through the real estate process.
At True Real Estate, we assist in every aspect of your home buying process in Siesta Key and Sarasota, Florida. As Exclusive Buyer Agents, we make buying recommendations based entirely upon your needs, plans, and inclinations. Contact us today to discover for yourself the exclusive buyers agent advantage.